Friday, September 9, 2011

Obtaining Coupons: Manufacturer Websites

It's been a long time since I did any posts for my Obtaining Coupons series. With the busyness of this summer I just didn't get the series finished. But now that life has slowed down a bit (should I even say that?!) I intend to try to finish the series.

Manufacturer Websites are a great way to find coupons. Many manufacturers offer coupons directly on their website or if you sign up for their various clubs and email newsletters you can get access to printable coupons as well. There are some websites that I have learned pretty much always have coupons for their products linked on their site. So if I see one of their products on sale that I want, I'll visit their website to see if they have a coupon available.

I suggest that if there is a specific brand name product you want to buy, but don't have a coupon for, plug the name of the product into your Swagbucks search engine and that should direct you to the manufacturer website for the product. Then you can see if there are any links to coupons. Sometimes your search will be fruitless and you'll find nothing. Other times, you'll feel like you hit the jackpot when you spy a $1 coupon for that Wishbone dressing you love.

Just a quick side note. I've found that coupon databases don't even always have the coupons listed that I've found on manufacturer websites. So while those databases are helpful, they are not fool proof!

To get you started, here are a couple sites that I like to visit.

* Kelloggs

* Heluva Good
- Their 8 oz. blocks of cheese frequently go on sale at Giant and Weis for $2. If I use the $0.50/1 I can get the cheese for $1, since those stores double $0.50 coupons.

* Nestle Baking Products
- I can frequently find $0.50/1 Nestle chocolate chip coupons here. If I see them on sale, I simply visit the website to see if there's a coupon available. Of course there are always other coupons available as well.

Do you have a specific manufacturer website that you love? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Did you miss the other posts in this series? If so, here are links to them- Contacting Companies, Websites, Coupon Trading, Store Emails & Fliers, Newspaper Inserts- Part 1 and Newspaper Inserts- Part 2.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!