Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

Total Spent: $24.94
Total Saved with Coupons: $39.00
Total Saved with Sales: $33.20
Total Saved: $72.20

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $24.47
Saved with Sales: $11.98

Had I not had a CVS gift card to pay for this purchase, my out of pocket would have been $5.06.

This was a pretty fun trip. I had two coupons from the CVS coupon machine- one for $3/$15 Baby Care purchase and one or $1/1 Pampers Jumbo pack. I also had a $5/$25 coupon that was emailed to me. I used manufacturer coupons for the Huggies and Pampers as well as the two coupons from the CVS coupon machine, which really helped bring my out of pocket down. And I ended up getting $6.99 back in Extra Bucks.

I bought the Bengay with a rain check.

On a side note, I've been waiting to do my CVS trips until Thurs. or Fri. since almost every week I get a coupon for $4/20, $3/$15 or $5/$25 emailed to me. Usually with what I planned to buy I can hit that amount so it makes it really worth it. And this is where my rain checks come in handy. If I'm a little short on hitting the out of pocket that I need to spend to be able to use my coupon, I simply use one of my rain checks to buy something to get my total up.

Rite Aid: $0
Saved with Coupons: $5.00
Saved with Sales: $12.86

I had a rain check for the Oxi-Clean making it free. I've never tried it before so I'm anxious to see what I think. I figured for free I couldn't go wrong!

Giant: $3.08
Saved with Coupons: $5.15
Saved with Sales: $2.44

I had a FREE product coupon for the Cottonelle wipes. Thanks to two Giant store coupons that printed out from the catalina machine a few weeks ago, the Ginger Ale was a $0.25 money maker and Dial soap cost me $0.19.

The Giant coupons I had were for $1.50 off any Health and Beauty purchase and $1 off any carbonated beverage purchase. I'm really hoping to get more of those kinds of coupons!

Darrenkamp's: $12.86
Saved with Coupons: $4.38
Saved with Sales: $5.92

Got eggs for $0.79- a great price any more around here! And just so you know I'm not always a total tightwad, I'll tell you about those chips you see. I was shopping and it was close to lunch time. I saw a display of $0.99 chips and they looked so good and suddenly I was craving them like crazy. We were going to have sandwiches for lunch, so I decided to splurge and buy a small bag of chips. Every now and then I get tired of always being so careful about what I spend and how and it's kind of fun to just buy something for the fun of it!

Expressly Local Food: $0 (used $0.85 spare change)

This was kind of a dud deal in some ways. I had seen a daily deal on Living Social for a voucher for $20 of food at this place for only $10. I had a $10 credit so I figured I might as well get it and I figured I'd use it to get a bunch of raw sugar and then maybe some produce etc. All that they sell is organic and all-natural so I figured I'd be eating healthy too. :)

Well, it turns out that I didn't read the fine print close enough. The voucher was for $20 of PRODUCE, not anything else. That's not all bad, but $20 buys a lot of produce even at a store where the prices are rather exorbitant! But what could I do but go ahead and get some produce. The annoying thing was I had just bought lettuce, apples and potatoes and my in-laws had given us a bunch of peaches too. So we have been eating lots and lots of fruit and potatoes around here! Oh well, at least it's rather healthy stuff. And yes, it was also a good reminder to read the fine print more closely!

Misc.: $9.00
I got cash out to pay for produce at market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!