Friday, September 30, 2011

Obtaining Coupons: Coupon Websites- Part Two


I had posted earlier about getting coupons through coupon websites such as Redplum, Coupons.com etc. Well, as I was jotting down some notes to finish this series, I realized that there are several other coupon websites that I really need to mention as well. And so I decided to add a Part Two and Part Three to the Coupon Websites idea.

* Saving Star
One of my new favorite coupon websites is Saving Star. I think of this website as working more like a rebate program rather than a coupon program, but technically it is considered a clip-less coupon program.

With this site you simply link up your store cards for stores like CVS, Rite Aid, Giant, and Weis to the Saving Star program. Then you click on the coupons that you want added to your cards. If you use that coupon before it expires, the dollar amount of the coupon will be added to your Saving Star account. Then when you reach $5 in your account, you can cash it out via Paypal, for Amazon gift cards and many other options. If you don't use the coupon before it expires, you've lost nothing.

The great thing about Saving Star coupons is that they can be used in addition to both store AND manufacturer coupons. So essentially you can save 3 different ways on one product, which is really rather great!

My tip for Saving Star- log into your account twice a month and add all the coupons that you can to your cards. You might think you won't ever buy a certain item but you never know. Just recently there was a moneymaking deal at CVS on Airwick air fresheners. I typically don't buy them, but since it was a moneymaker I decided to buy them and give them to someone who will use them. Imagine my surprise when several days later I saw $2 was added to my Saving Star account because I had bought an Airwick product! It was one of the coupons I clipped, thinking I'd not use it and it actually paid off!

* Vocalpoint
This is actually more than just a coupon site, but since one of the main reasons I love Vocalpoint is because of the awesome coupons I receive from them, I thought I'd mention it here.

If you don't have a Vocalpoint account, sign up for one today. Approximately once a month I receive a free sample item from Vocalpoint and they always come with several coupons. The coupons are always high value and sometimes one will even be for a free product! So on top of getting coupons, you'll also have the fun of sampling some interesting new products as well.

* Kraft First Taste
This is one of those sites that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love them because sometimes I get great offers from them. I hate them because often when I see posted on other sites that an offer is available, I check my account only to discover I didn't receive it. It seems there is no rhyme or reason as to who receives what offers, but at any rate, it won't hurt to sign up! You never know, you might be one of the lucky ones!

So what offers does Kraft First Taste send? If you sign up for an account, they occasionally will offer coupons for various Kraft products, typically something that is new or recently "improved". These offers range from a coupon for a totally free product (those are the ones I never get!) to coupons for $1 to $2 off. In the past the coupons have been for things like Planters Peanut Butter, Philadelphia Cooking Creme, Wheat Thins & Triscuits, and Kraft Shredded Cheese.

Did you miss the other posts in this series? If so, here are links to them- Contacting Companies, Coupon Websites- Part 1, Coupon Trading, Store Emails & Fliers, Newspaper Inserts- Part 1 and Newspaper Inserts- Part 2.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!