Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Warm Custard Drink

Warm custard is one of our favorite winter drinks. Basically it is just what it sounds like- a hot custard flavored beverage. Don't let the simple ingredients fool you- this drink is full of creaminess and flavor. We love to sip warm custard right before we go to bed or anytime we just want a warm, creamy beverage. It's kind of funny because many people I have served this too say it reminds them of eggnog; however I dislike eggnog very much! At any rate, I haven't met anyone yet who hasn't liked this drink. Try it and let me know what you think!

Warm Custard
2 c. milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
pinch of salt
1/8 tsp. vanilla

Put milk and sugar in saucepan. Heat just to boiling. In the meantime, place eggs, salt and vanilla in blender and blend. When milk begins to boil, start the blender and add the milk to the egg mixture.

Pour into mugs; sprinkle with nutmeg.

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my yumminess!! can't wait to make this!!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/gjDQOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I've made homemade eggnog and this is almost exactly the recipe. Are you sure you just haven't drank GOOD eggnog!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, maybe I haven't...because if eggnog tastes like this then I like it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had warm custard the other day. This looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I love custard and to be able to drink it, I am in heaven!! Making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I halved this recipe since I was the only one drinking it. It is SO fantastic!! Halved, this made 1 1/2 servings. I didn't have any nutmeg, but I'm sure that would have been the perfect touch. :) I can't wait for fall to get here so I can make this more often!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, thanks for letting me know you loved it. And yes, the nutmeg is optional, but it does add a nice little bit of flavor. I was just thinking about this drink the other day and wishing for fall too! :) Seems there are so many yummy warm drinks.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!