Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

This was a fun week of getting lots of stuff for a little bit of money. Not much more to say than that!

Total Spent: $39.57
Total Saved with Coupons: $80.70
Total Saved with Sales: $41.48
Total Saved: $122.18

CVS:
$0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $1.98
Saved with Sales: $0.60


I have a gift card that we earned through our credit card rewards program that I use to pay for my CVS purchases. Had I not used that gift card, I would have paid $0.27 for this purchase.

In retrospect, I am wondering why I even bothered to go to CVS this week. I mean, do I really need free jelly beans and Cadbury eggs? I think not! And I could have easily done without the free panty shields too. Oh well, I wasn't really thinking when I planned that trip!

I got the CVS panty shields free with a coupon from the CVS coupon machine.

Rite Aid: $1.17 (+$0.68 loose change)
Saved with Coupons: $58.80
Saved with Sales: $22.93



I made $3.02 on the Benefiber. I was excited to be able to get some Huggies for $2.99. I kind of have this rule of thumb that I try not to pay more than $3 for a package of diapers. Usually I am able to do that, although lately the diaper deals have been a bit slim at Rite Aid, which is usually where I can get them for this price.

I had a rain check for the Excedrin and the Betty Crocker cookie mix. (Side note, the cookie mix cracked me up. It says "10 Minutes to Homemade" on the front. A mix is homemade?! Okay, whatever!)

Giant: $7.78
Saved with Coupons: $6.92
Saved with Sales: $10.39

I was excited about this little trip to Giant. I was able to get the Zone bar, Sobe and Krunchers free with FREE product coupons. Actually, the Krunchers chips were on sale BOGO and I had a coupon for a free bag which made both bags free. I had been holding onto that coupon for a sale like that, but had about given up. It really does pay to wait and use those FREE coupons strategically!

I also got both boxes of Perdue Shortcuts chicken free. There was a rebate in the coupon inserts for a FREE box after rebate. The Shortcuts were on sale this week at Giant for BOGO, so other than the cost of the postage stamp, both boxes are free! Now free meat isn't something I'm able to get very often, so I was pretty tickled.

Target: $2.79
Saved with Coupons: $6.00
Saved with Sales: $3.37

I got the Finish free after coupons...one of these days I'll have to post a picture of my Finish stash! The bleach was only $0.27 after a coupon.

Weis: $6.18
Saved with Coupons: $7.00
Saved with Sales: $4.19


Well, I actually ran out of eggs on Monday- an unheard of thing for me. So I guess it was good that I could stock up again at Weis! I had a raincheck for the Eggland's Best eggs and got them for $0.99/doz. I used this coupon to get the Weis brand eggs for only $0.69/doz. The toilet paper was free after coupon and the rice was just a good price after coupon.

Aldi: $8.23
Centerville Bulk Foods: $13.42

I stocked up on a few items I was needing.

Misc
.: $0
My sister-in-law generously gave me some tuna and salmon that she got for free. They just don't eat that much of it and she knows that we love it. Wasn't that sweet of her?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!