Recently, Purex sent me a bottle of their new Purex Crystals Softener to try and review. Well let me just tell you, this is a totally different kind of fabric softener than you've ever used before! So how's it different?
1. It's 92% natural and not oil based like other liquid fabric softeners. Oil based softeners coat the fabric with oil which allows dirt to stick to the fabric fibers and over time decreases the lifespan of your clothing. Instead of coating the fabrics with oil, Purex Crystals will work by penetrating the fabric and infusing the fibers with softness.
2. It is recommended for usage on towels. The oily residue that is left behind by liquid fabric softener interferes with the absorbency of things like bath and dish towels. Purex Crystals is not oil based and is recommended for usage on your towels to make them soft and fresh.
3. It is safe to use on children's sleepwear. The flame-retardant treatment that is on children's sleepwear becomes impaired when oil-based liquid fabric softener is used over time. Purex Crystals is 100% safe to use on children's sleepwear since it is not oil based and will not break down the flame-retardant treatment.
I admit, I was a little bit skeptical of how effective Purex Crystals would be, but I was anxious to try it. I've used half the bottle that Purex sent to me and so far I have been very impressed. Not only did my clothing seem softer, I didn't have to worry about fabric softener spots on my clothing. In the past I've had issues with splotches of fabric softener appearing on my clothes after they were washed and it's an oily, difficult thing to get rid of. But since the Purex Crystals is in a crystal form and is not oil based, that was not an issue at all!
I also really liked that it was not in liquid form. Do you ever get tired of how liquid fabric softener gunks up in the spot where you add it to your washing machine? I do! But with Purex Crystals you have none of that because you add it directly to your load of laundry and it's not liquid either!
The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the strong scent. The Fresh Spring Waters scent was great, but in my opinion was a bit overpowering. Honestly, it felt like you would be able to smell me a mile away! But I found a solution. I simply cut the amount of Purex Crystals that I added to my laundry in half. My clothing was still nice and soft, smelled mildly of Fresh Spring Waters and my bottle will last twice as long!
If you'd like a $1 coupon, head here to get one to try Purex Crystals yourself!
Purex is giving me 3 coupons to give away to my readers, each for a FREE bottle of Purex Crystals. There will be 2 winners. The first winner will receive 2 FREE product coupons and the second winner will receive 1 FREE product coupon.
You have four different ways to enter the give away and each thing counts as a separate entry. Please leave your email address with each entry! The giveaway will end 3/13/11 at 12 p.m. (EST) and the winners will be chosen via random.org. I will then notify the winners by email and they will have two days to respond before the next winner is chosen.
1. Visit Purex.com, then come back and tell me that you did. You must actually click through to Purex using THIS link, otherwise this entry will not be valid.
OTHER ENTRIES (to be done after mandatory entry)
2. Become a follower of this blog (see top left hand corner of blog). If you are already a follower, give yourself an extra entry by posting that in a comment.
3. Subscribe to this blog (see top left hand corner of blog). If you already subscribe, give yourself an extra entry by posting that in a comment.
4. Tell other about the giveaway via Facebook, Twitter, or your blog and leave a link to your post in your comment.