Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary


Total Spent: $48.87
Total Saved with Coupons: $59.55
Total Saved with Sales: $43.89
Total Saved: $103.44

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $24.45
Saved with Sales: $10.01

If I had not used a gift card to purchase this I would have paid $1.01 out of pocket. All of the above was either free with coupons or free after Extra Bucks.

Rite Aid: $0.84 (+$0.39 pocket change)
Saved with Coupons: $26.00
Saved with Sales: $14.83


Not a bad week at Rite Aid, although I had to get rain checks for several items. I was excited to find a lone bottle of Purex Crystals on the shelf when I did an end of the week run on Sat. evening. They had been out earlier in the week and the cashier said they weren't sure where that bottle came from. I had some UPRewards to use up so I was pretty happy- and that is also why you see a pair of nylons and 2 candy bars. Had to buy something to use up my odd UPReward amount!

Giant: $11.77
Saved with Coupons: $4.10
Saved with Sales: $7.85

Breakdown: $0.75/bag for croutons, $0.40 for Rinaldi pasta sauce, $1.00/bag for 8oz. Sargento, $2.49 for 19.5 oz. sausage, $3.99 for 10 lb. potatoes, $2.39 for 6 oz. feta cheese (more than I typically pay but I'm kind of addicted to this salad!).

Just in case you are wondering, my typical buy price for regular (as in not feta or Parmesan) cheese is $2/lb. or less. Meat varies, but I will never pay more than $2/lb. for any meat. And frequently I can get ground beef and roasts for close to $1.50-$1.70/lb.

Weis: $2.04
Saved with Coupons: $5.00
Saved with Sales: $11.20

I did a deal where by buying the cereal I got a catalina coupon for a free gallon of milk. I plan to use that the next time I go to Weis. I don't ever remember the cereal deals being so plentiful! I've gotten so much cereal for $0.50 or less the last number of months. Funny thing is, we typically aren't big cereal eaters. But we are now. :)

Aldi: $13.22

We're having some dinner guests this week and I wanted to make a special salad and so I bought some things I wouldn't normally purchase.

Misc.: $21.00
- money for milk from a local dairy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!