Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

So I had another big week of spending. I really need to try to keep my spending down this week or next thing I know I'll be over budget for the month again!

Total Spent: $75.88
Total Saved with Coupons: $43.71
Total Saved with Sales: $14.91
Total Saved: $58.62

CVS:
$0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $28.96
Saved with Sales: $12.82

Freebies: Schick razor and shaving gel and Dulcolax after Extra Bucks and coupons

I used $15.97 in Extra Bucks and got back $13.99.

Rite Aid: $1.69
Saved with Coupons: $1.00
Saved with Sales: $1.10

Freebie: Crest (after Single Check Rebate)

Don't you love my huge Rite Aid purchase?

Target: $1.32
Saved with Coupons: $2.00

My yogurt making has stopped for the time being. It just kept getting weird the last few times and I finally decided maybe the humidity had something to do with it. I don't know. But at any rate, we really miss it and until I start making it again I will probably be buying some.

Giant: $3.49
Saved with Coupons: $11.75
Saved with Sales: $0.99


Vince forgot to stop and get milk at the farm we buy it from so I had to purchase some at the store. Wow, when that happens I am always reminded how much we save by normally getting it for the $1.50/gallon that we do.

I had a $10 catalina from last week that I used to purchase these items. Then for buying the sour cream I got another $5 catalina.

Glenwood Foods (local discount grocery): $26.56

Had to stop here in a kind of emergency to get a few things that I needed for making pickles. But I also scanned a few of their other items that I know are usually priced really low and grabbed some of those things as well. My favorite purchase was the juice for $1.39.

Centerville Bulk Foods: $42.34
I was so busy the day I stopped here (had bought corn to do that day) that I didn't even bother to take a picture. So just think of lots of bulk food items and some fresh fruit and cheese. :)

Misc.: $0.48

2 comments:

  1. You shop at Glenwood too? I go about every other week, and buy the groceries that I don't have coupons for. I also got grapes last week there, and thought they were delicious-so hard and crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rosanna, I do occasionally. If it was closer or more on my "beaten path" I'd go more often. And yes, those grapes were delicious. I was wishing I had gotten more!

    Maybe I'll see you there sometime? Wonder if I'd recognize you? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!