Monday, August 30, 2010

Monthly Spending Summary (August)

I went over budget again this month, but thankfully not by much. I honestly anticipated it being much worse. I am nearly all done with buying fruit to can/freeze but I do still have to do apples and I'd also like to do grape juice.

Last month I had mentioned that I had a boatload of rebates that I was hoping would come and help "bail me out" this month. Well, I still haven't gotten most of them! I thought I had requested my Rite Aid Single Check Rebates and hadn't, so I won't get them til this month. But the good news is that this month I should receive roughly $100 in rebates so that will really give me a boost.

Anyway, enough of all that.

Monthly Grocery/Household Budget: $190


Total Spent: $206.62
Total Saved with Coupons/Sales: $403.46

Week 1: $41.72
Week 2: $75.88
Week 3: $50.61
Week 4: $38.41

Other Expenses: $83.85
- 1 1/2 bu. peaches: $47.85
- 1 1/2 bu. beans: $36

Credits: $25.78
- Mostly from rebates

Ending Monthly Balance: $264.69 (over budget by $74.69)
Balance carried from Jan.-July: $77.82

Ending Annual Balance: $3.13
- In case you are confused, this is the amount I have left from previous months when I was under budget. I kind of tried to plan ahead for the extra expense of fruit and veggies that I buy to can and freeze. So basically I am ahead by $3.13 for the year. Such a small amount doesn't really make me feel very comforted, but at least I'm not over budget I guess!

How was your month? Feeling good about it? Or were you like me and went over budget once again?

2 comments:

  1. So funny I stumbled across your post, as I bought three bushels of peaches this month! I have a large pot of peach preserves cooking on the stove and more ready to be processed as soon as I have a free burner.

    last year I paid $32 a bushel for peaches, but this year I found them at $16 a bushel (brought from a West Virginia farm about two hours from here; I purchased them at our farmers' market) and at a local farm about 20 minutes a way for $20 a bushel. These were both unadvertised, word-of-mouth, but their quality was actually superior to the peaches I bought at the tourist-y place last year.

    Great job on your budget ... way better than my month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that sounds yummy! $16 a bushel is a steal! I thought what I paid was really good at least for around here. Maybe I need to travel to your area next year. :) Well, maybe not, considering I'd spend the money I'd save in gas.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!