Monday, August 2, 2010

Monthly Spending Summary (July)

Okay, so I went over budget rather horribly this month and I can't blame it all on buying fruit to freeze. I did have to buy extra food for family reunions etc., but then at the same time we were gone quite a bit this month so in some ways I doubt we ate as much as usual here. Honestly, I'm not really sure how my expenses got so high.

One thing I did think of was that I bought a number of higher priced items that I submitted rebates for and I still haven't gotten those rebates back. I know that did make a difference. According to my records, I have $88.26 worth of rebates coming to me and that is not even counting the Rite Aid Single Check Rebates which would probably be at least around $60. So hopefully next month I'll even things out a bit.

At any rate, if you've been thinking I never go over budget, here's proof. I mess up too!

Monthly Grocery/Household Budget:
$190

Total Spent: $218.58
Total Saved with Coupons/Sales: $351.75

Week 1: $8.98
Week 2: $64.00
Week 3: $67.97
Week 4: $10.24
Week 5: $67.39

Other Expenses: $140.48

- 40 lbs. Blueberries: $58.50
- 1 1/2 bu. Peaches: $51.00
- Misc.: $30.98

Credits: $44.18
This was mainly from Rite Aid and other rebates.

Ending Monthly Balance: $314.88 (over budget by $124.88)
Balance carried from Jan.-June: $202.70

Ending Annual Balance: $77.82
- In case you are confused, this is the amount I have left from previous months when I was under budget. I kind of tried to plan ahead for the extra expense of fruit and veggies that I buy to can and freeze. I'm hoping that the above amount will still cover apples for applesauce, tomatoes for tomato juice and maybe spaghetti sauce, peaches for canning and green beans. Hopefully by the end of next month I'll know!

How did you do this month? Did all the fresh fruit/veggies put you under too? Or are you staying right on track?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your imperfections! Encouraging to the rest of us!

    I actually spent a little less in July then most months. I'm not sure why because that includes stockpiling cheese, chicken, peaches, and honey! I'm guessing I was able to make up the difference because so many of our meals were from the garden this month.

    I don't track things as well as you, so I'm really not sure what made the difference - but I'm not complaining! I'll probably spend like crazy in August!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you already know that I went over last week. Maybe this week I'll be able to stay well underbudget since our van is in the shop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I would love to have all the fresh produce you do. Not only would it help our budget, it would do wonders for our health I'm sure.

    Michelle, yeah, the van thing just might help you only spend $10...as you were wishing the other week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!