Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

Whew! I did a lot of shopping this week. However, some of the places I stopped was because I suddenly realized I needed things for canning etc. And the Walmart and Target trips were because I needed to buy wedding gifts or other such things so I figured while I was there I might as well get some other things too!

Total Spent: $41.72
Total Saved with Coupons: $79.37
Total Saved with Sales: $64.56
Total Saved: $143.93

Rite Aid:
$12.64
Saved with Coupons: $42.14
Saved with Sales: $26.32

Freebies: All of the above after rebates

I used $15.50 in +UP Rewards towards this purchase and got back $9.50. I also will get back $18.48 in Single Check Rebates and $7.29 in other rebates.

I didn't notice until I got home that the cashier missed using my one +UP Rewards coupon. I can't remember how much it was for either. But I guess I make enough money at Rite Aid I shouldn't complain, right?

Giant: $3.49
Saved with Coupons: $20.00
Saved with Sales: $32.09

Freebies: Some of the Eggo's and Keebler Crackers (all of it eventually, see below)

Okay, promise not to laugh at the huge quantity of crackers and waffles that I purchased. Here was the deal. There was a catalina and instant savings promo going on that when combined with coupons I was actually able to make money purchasing both the Keebler crackers and the Eggo waffles. I normally wouldn't buy Eggo's but since I could roll the catalina from the Keebler crackers I figured I might as well. They'll make a quick lunch when I'm in a pinch and Vince will enjoy them occasionally as something different in his lunch too.

Basically, the Cheez-It's and Twix were filler items (because I planned poorly and forgot about the overage I would have-had I planned I would have bought grapes instead). I used a $5 catalina that I had from last week and I still have a $10 catalina coupon to use on a future order, so really in the end, all of this will be free.

CVS: $0
Saved with Coupons: $6.77
Saved with Sales: $6.15

Freebies: All of the above

I had a rain check for the Skinny Cow ice cream and that combined with coupons made them free. The Sobe was on sale for Buy One Get One Free and I had some BOGO coupons so that was free too.

Aldi: $9.70


Walmart: $2.17

I had $10.17 on a gift card from a previous return and I used that to help pay for this purchase.

Target:
$1.98
Saved with Coupons: $10.46

Freebies: All of the above

Okay, so you are probably wondering why I say all of the above was free when I show that I actually paid $1.98. It's a long, confusing story, but let's just try to keep it simple and say that the cashier missed some coupons and ringing some things and after it was all said and done they ended up giving me the $2 in cash. So I have to record the $1.98 since it was on a credit card and I'll put the $2 in cash in with my market money cash that I use to buy fresh produce at our local farmer's market.

Sharp Shopper: $4.98
Bought vinegar and cottage cheese.

Misc.:
$6.76
Used to buy canning lids etc.


1 comment:

  1. LOL! You were not the only buying crackers. Meijer also is running the $10 Kelloggs catalina and I ended up with 8 packs of Keebler crackers. Not quite as many as you but close. These will be nice for my husbands bucket!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!