Friday, August 27, 2010

For What It's Worth: Using Rechargable Batteries

We don’t use batteries as much as many folks do, but it still always galls me how fast we can go through them. One of the main things that hogged batteries for us was our digital camera. Several years ago I decided to invest in an Energizer battery charger and let me tell you, it has saved us SO much money since then.


The one we have is like the one pictured above and charges 4 AA or 2 AAA batteries. It is super fast at charging and I love that I can have 2 batteries in my camera and 2 batteries in the charger ready to swap out when the batteries in my camera die. To me there is not much more frustrating when you are trying to take pictures only to have your batteries die and realize that you have none to replace them with!


And really, battery chargers are rather inexpensive when you think about it. Amazon has them listed for anywhere between $12-$20 and many of them come with batteries too. (And of course if you really want to save, you can always use your Swagbucks to pay for them.) Obviously, it would only take you several packs of batteries to spend that amount and then you just have to throw them out when you are done using them!


So there you have it, for what it’s worth.


3 comments:

  1. Do you think that rechargeable batteries run low fast? We were using rechargeable batteries in our camera and it seemed that I'd only take a few pictures before the battery was low. I don't know if my batteries or my charger were bad but finally I got so tired of it - I went back to regular batteries. I used one set of batteries all summer and just had to change them for the first time (and I take a lot of pictures) Maybe I need to give rechargeables another try.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had that problem except for when my old rechargables were in need of replacement. (I had probably used them for at least 3 years HARD.) Currently we are using the Sanyo brand batteries and I've been really happy with them. They seem to last forever before they need recharged. I'd say if your regular batteries last that long that's pretty good though. I don't think mine ever lasted that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Yep, I remember you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!