Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Peanut Butter Fingers


Love peanut butter and chocolate? Then you'll love these tasty bars with a peanut butter oatmeal cookie, topped with a chocolate layer and then creamy peanut butter frosting.

Peanut Butter Fingers
1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. chocolate chips

Frosting:
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 to 4 Tbsp. milk

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars; add egg, baking soda, and vanilla. Beat well; add flour and oatmeal. Spread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle hot bars with chocolate chips and when slightly melted, spread. To make frosting, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, and milk till proper consistency to drizzle. Cool before cutting.


For other great recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love chocolate and peanut butter combos. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuummm! I love chocolate and peanut butter in anything - these look so tasty!

    ~Aubree Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love pb and chocolate together so these look just great to me!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine how delicious these must taste! I'll definitely be giving them a try. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to like about THESE? Yum! My Reeses-loving' hubby would be thrilled to find these made. That may be all the incentive I need to try them. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Yum! Yum!!! Chocolate and peanut butter - it gets no better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a heavenly combination! Come link up to Tuesday Tastes! I would love to have you!

    www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite combination - chocolate and peanut butter! Divine!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, these look way too delicious! I am a huge peanut butter fan! I'd have to keep them locked in a safe so that I wouldn't eat them all in one sitting. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!