Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

Wow! This is one of those weeks that I can't quite figure out how I spent so much! I think knowing I only spent $16.58 last week somehow made me subconsciously think that I could spend a lot this week. Well, let me tell you I did! And now I only have $44.23 left to spend for the month. Think I can do it?

Let me just say too that this is where budgeting and being aware of my spending has paid off. I had absolutely no clue that I spent almost $115 dollars this week! It really only seemed like $60. If I wasn't budgeting and tracking my spending I would easily sail along the rest of the month spending my usual amount because I thought I hadn't spent that much. It really does pay to budget and track your spending!

Total Spent:
$114.59
Total Saved with Coupons: $57.88
Total Saved with Sales: $16.83
Total Saved: $74.71

Walmart
: $3.69
Saved with Coupons: $10.66

Freebies: 2 OJ's, Scotch-Brite

CVS: $0 (used change to pay)
Saved with Coupons: $13.50

Freebies: Dove, Paper Towels

My total cost for this was $0.07 so I just paid with some change I had in my wallet.

Rite Aid: $15.61
Saved with Coupons: $27.97
Saved with Sales: $9.68

Freebies: Renu, Puffs, and the rest is free after rebates

I bought the Renu with a raincheck but the rest of the items were this weeks sale items. I will get back $19.99 in Single Check Rebates so I made $4.38 on this.

Anyone local use Benadryl? You can have some of mine- seriously!

Giant: $2.32
Saved with Coupons: $5.75
Saved with Sales: $7.15

I paid $0.40 each for the Lysol. I'm thinking that should last me a good year! I had to smile at my cashier. I went to one that has in the past not been so great with me using coupons so I wasn't sure how she'd be this time. But when she saw the total drop from $14.35 to $2.32 her eyes kind of got big and her mouth popped open slightly and she said, "Wow, now that's the way to do it!" That was a huge compliment coming from her!

Creekside Bulk Food: $12.61
Okay, so I forgot to take a picture of this. I bought: 6 lbs. butter, wheat gluten, oatmeal, and lunch meat.

Aldi:
$27.56

I was so tickled to get butter for $1.49/lb. Made me wish I hadn't bought any at the bulk food store earlier this week!

Misc:
$52.80

This was money I used for quite a number of things. Part of it went to pay my mother-in-law for fresh ground whole wheat flour and also 5 lbs. of shredded cheese that she bought for me at $1/lb. Twenty dollars of it will be used to buy milk over the next 4 to 6 weeks at a local dairy. And the rest went/will be going towards produce from our local farmer's market.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about going over. I'm sure you'll come out even by the end of the month! I always think you always do so well with your spending! Sometimes you gotta buy when the deals are good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!