Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

I thought I was going to be a bit over budget this week, but when I tallied it all up, I actually came out with $2.26 to spare! My two favorite trips this week were to Rite Aid (as usual) and Walmart (amazing considering I don't really like that store!).

Total Spent: $41.58
Total Saved with Coupons: $72.96
Total Saved with Sales: $12.83
Total Saved: $85.79

Save-A-Lot: $11.84
Saved with Coupons: $4.89


Walmart: $14.51
Saved with Coupons: $18.08

Freebies: Old Spice Body Wash, 3 Doz. Eggs, Kotex

Well, I have to say I think this is the best I have ever done at Walmart! I got the flour for $0.75 each (with a printable coupon that is no longer available) and the eggs B1G1 free with a coupon that is no longer available.

Target: $4.60 (plus $5 gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $4.00
Saved with Sales: $0.60

Freebie: Toothpaste

I had a $5 gift card that I won through a blog giveaway that I used towards this purchase.

Rite Aid: $10.63
Saved with Coupons: $42.99
Saved with Sales: $8.25

Freebies: All of this (after the SCR gift card)

Wondering about the big orange ball? Well, my son spotted it about as soon as we walked into the store. I let him play with it while we were shopping and he was having so much fun that I decided to just buy it. I mean, I take him with me on so many shopping trips and he usually does so well he deserves a little treat once in a while. And besides, every little boy needs a ball like this, right? So, $2.24 of this purchase was for the big orange ball.

As part of the Single Check Rebate program, I will actually get back $25 in Single Check Rebates for purchasing these items. So essentially, this was a $16.37 moneymaker, even WITH purchasing the ball.

(Just in case you are doing the math here, my favorite cashier missed a coupon, so she did an after sale coupon for me and gave me the $2 in cash.)

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $3.00
Saved with Sales: $3.98

Freebie: Right Guard

Had I not used the gift card, I would have spent $3.98. I got back $2 in Extra Bucks for this purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Look at all your great deals! Very neat.

    I have a son too and when I first started CVSing last year, I can't tell you how many little toys we came home with....it was my sanity saver while I was learning the ropes!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!