Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

Total Spent: $34.57
Total Saved with Coupons: $70.47
Total Saved with Sales: $11.61
Total Saved: $82.08

Giant:
$1.00 (+ $0.19 cents pocket change)
Saved with Coupons: $11.89
Saved with Sales: $3.22

Freebies: Pepperoni, Hunts (4 small cans)

This was a fun week for me at Giant. Thanks to a $4 Catalina coupon I was able to get all of the above for $1.19. I had a bunch of change in my wallet that I was wanting to use up (probably most of it was picked up on my walks!), so I used it to pay the $0.19. I didn't pay a cent for the Sugardale pepperoni thanks to a "FREE after coupon" coupon that I received.

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $27.99
Saved with Sales: $5.19

Freebie: Accu-Check, Thermacare, Powerbar, Razors (after rebate)

If I had not used my gift card, I would have spent $6.71. I used $17.99 in Extra Bucks and got back $9.50 in Extra Bucks. I will also get back a $9.49 rebate for the Schick razor.

Rite Aid: $6.70
Saved with Coupons: $27.00
Saved with Sales: $3.20

Freebies: All of the above (after rebates etc.)

My total was actually $9.45, but I had $2.75 that was left on a gift card that I used. I will get back $4 in Single Check Rebates and $24.99 via a Prevacid rebate. So all told I will actually make $19.54! How sweet is that?

(If you got the Parade magazine this week, check the back and see if you got a FREE after rebate coupon for the Prevacid 24HR. If you did, go here and see how you can make money buying this product.)

Save-A-Lot: $8.94
Saved with Coupons: $3.59


Centerville Bulk Food:
$13.38


Since you can't really see very well what I got I'll just list it here: Potatoes, Occident flour, wheat germ, dough enhancer, oranges, apples, onions, sweet onions.

Misc. Items: $10.48


I was happy to get a few kitchen items I've been needing. I never quite know what budget category to take this type of thing from, so if it's small I often just take it out of grocery.

Credit: $5.93
Last week I bought some Olay products at Giant and noticed when I got home that the one body wash rang up at $4.59 instead of the $1.88 clearance price. Well, Giant has a wonderful policy that I forgot about! When I returned it to Giant to get the refund, I was told that since the item had rung up incorrectly, I would get the total amount refunded! How sweet is that? And since I had a $1 coupon that I forgot to use the cashier offered to add that in as well.


How did you do this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!