Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

Looking for a new twist on the usual ham and cheese sandwich? Here's one for you. These easy sandwiches have an extra little kick thanks to the addition of mustard and Worcestershire sauce. And the poppy seeds and onion flakes give a lovely little additional hint of flavor. I just wish I had a picture for you because they look scrumptious too. But as usual, I didn't think of taking one until AFTER we have already eaten them.

Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
1 pkg. (12 ct.) potato dinner rolls*
1/2 lb. sliced or chipped ham
1/2 lb. sliced farmer's cheese
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 tsp. onion flakes

Slice the rolls horizontally and place roll bottoms in a 9" x 13" pan. Layer ham and cheese on rolls in pan. Mix together rest of ingredients and drizzle over rolls. Put on roll tops, cover and bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Yield: 6-8 servings

* We like Martin's brand

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday,and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness-I've had these sandwiches before and they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound good. I'll have to give them a try!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!