Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

Had a pretty average week. Managed to stay under budget by $5.40 and that was even with buying some extra meat and cheese for the freezer.

Total Spent: $38.45
Total Saved with Coupons: $76.55
Total Saved with Sales: $47.65
Total Saved: $124.20


CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $24.89
Saved with Sales: $13.00

Freebies: Oral-B Toothbrushes, Excedrin, Dawn

Once again I paid using a gift card that we had earned through our Discover credit card. If I had not used it, I would have paid $0.42.

I used $11.50 in Extra Bucks and got back $13. I bought the Excedrin using a coupon that I had for one free product.

Rite Aid: $0 (Visa gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $51.66
Saved with Sales: $24.65

Freebies: all of the above

I decided to use the $15 Visa gift card that I earned through the SCR program to pay for this weeks purchases. My total out of pocket was -$5.55. Yes, that is a negative. Sigh. Seems I keep having issues with being rung up correctly.

This time I was rung up for an extra item that I didn't buy AND two $5/$20 purchase coupons! I must have accidentally laid two on the counter and the cashier scanned them both and they both took! Weird. I caught it later when I was looking over my receipt and when I went back to the store to clear up the extra item I told them about the coupon so they could take it off. However, they refused and told me not to worry about. While I don't mind in some ways, I do sort of feel badly! So all that to say, I actually made money through it all.

I also will get back $2 in Single Check Rebates (SCR).

Aldi: $9.59

I was tickled to get the pineapple at the marked down price of $1.69. We don't often get fresh pineapple so it will be a real treat for us!

Giant: $2.00
Saved with Sales: $10.00


Creekside Bulk Food: $18.01


Shady Maple Farm Market:
$8.85

I bought 5 lbs. of sausage.


How was your week? Did you score any amazing deals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!