Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

I've been thinking that I'd like to, at least occasionally, show you how much coupons and sales can actually save you. You'll see that addition to this weeks spending summary. (I'd love to know if you find this new format more helpful or more confusing...or if there is something else you'd like to see included.)

I ended the week barely under budget with only $1.11 left over! Here's the breakdown.


Total Spent:
$42.73
Total Saved with Coupons: $45.12 (Plus $30 in Extra Bucks and Gift of Savings Certificate)
Total Saved with Sales: $78.49
Total Saved: $123.61 (Plus $30 in Extra Bucks and Gifts of Savings Certificate)

Save-A-Lot
: $7.91
Total Saved with Coupons: $3.50

I used the Save-a-Lot coupons I told you about here.

CVS: $0
Total Saved with Coupons: $8.50 (not including Extra Bucks)
Total Saved with Sales: $34.68

Freebies: Dove (after Extra Bucks) & Cheerios

I would have spent $2.45 had I not used a CVS gift card that we earned through the rewards program on our Discover credit card. I also used $20 in Extra Bucks got $15.98 back.

Rite Aid: $0
Total Saved with Coupons: $10 (not including Gift of Savings check)
Total Saved with Sales: $26.47

Freebies: Colgate, Prell, and Profoot

I used a gift card that I received when I transferred a prescription to Rite Aid, otherwise I would have spent $1.46. I also used the $10 Gift of Savings coupon that I earned during a previous Rite Aid program. I should get back $16 in Single Check Rebates (the Prell was bought using a raincheck).

Miscellaneous: $13.50

This was for some wheat that I bought from my mother-in-law as well as some cheap cream cheese that my sister-in-law picked up for me.

Giant: $11.70
Total Saved with Coupons: $13.50
Total Saved with Sales: $17.34

Freebies: Raisin Bran

My son likes to try to get in on these pictures...and so I finally appeased him. Besides, I knew you all wouldn't mind!

Walmart: $9.62
Total Saved with Coupons: $6

Freebies: J&J kit, Kotex

My out of pocket actually would have been more but I had a return for $3.28 that I deducted from my total.

Did you get any freebies or amazing deals this week? I'd love to hear about them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!