Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Save-a-Lot Deals

I rarely posts store deals but this is just too good to not let you know about. Did you know that Save-a-Lot has coupons on their website? I discovered that recently.myself. What I didn't realize is that they include coupons for their own store brand products! Here's a few things that you can currently get for what I consider a good price. Keep in mind that prices vary by region (and we are in a typically higher priced area), so you may actually find these items listed cheaper at your local store.

* Ginger Evans Brown or Powdered Sugar $1.29/2 lb.
- $0.30/1 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $0.99

* Home Churned Butter $1.99/1 lb.
- $0.50/1 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $1.49

* Ginger Evans All-Purpose Flour $1.49/lb.
- $0.50/1 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $0.99

* Coburn Farms Evaporated Milk $1.58/2 ($0.79 each)
- $0.50/2 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $1.08/2 ($0.54 each)

* Coburn Farms Cream Cheese $1.98/2 ($0.99 each)
- $0.60/2 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $1.38/2 ($0.69 each)

* Westcott Vegetable Oil $1.99/48 oz.
- $1/1 Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $0.99

* Portman's Salad Dressing $1.39
- Buy One Get One FREE Save-a-Lot coupon
FINAL PRICE: $1.39/2 ($.70 each)

The really neat thing about these coupons is that you can print out multiple coupons and use them all in the same purchase! And if you plan to buy a lot, there is a $5/$20 purchase coupon that is available too (it is a holiday coupon, so I don't know how long it will be around).

How does Save-a-Lot compare to Aldi? From what I've seen, most items, with the exception of flour and shortening, are a bit more expensive than Aldi, however it is typically only by $0.10 to $0.20 cents. Just like at Aldi, you either need to provide your own bags or else you can purchase some from Save-a-Lot.

Wondering if you have an Save-a-Lot close to you? Go here to find out.

4 comments:

  1. HiLydia,
    Thanks so much for your blog. I wanted to let you know that Harris Teeter is running double coupons on coupons up to $1.98 this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information! I used to go to Save-A-Lot but really got away from it the past few years. But maybe I need to check out their prices again and start going more frequently. It is closer to me then Aldi.

    Thanks again!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan and Gina, you are welcome! Glad I can help you out. :)

    Susan, we don't have a Harris Teeter in our area, but I sure wish we did! I bet you are getting some incredible deals!

    Gina, I'd recommend it, especially if they keep offering coupons like these. If you aren't really a couponer, in my humble opinion, Aldi or Save-a-Lot are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!