Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yes, I AM Human

Sometimes I realize how perfect I might seem to those of you that only know me through my blog. I probably seem like I know nearly everything about saving money, like I never have frugal or financial flops, that I do it pretty much perfectly. I hope that is not how I seem, but I think sometimes it must be true. I realize that I have not often let you see the "real" me and I want to do better at that.

Well, let me just assure you that I do mess up. Food equals money, right? Well, just last week I threw out some money. When I was cleaning out our fridge, I soon realized that in the midst of our busyness several containers of food had gotten shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten about and were way past being any good.

I have some amazing coupons that I accidentally let expire. One that really spited me was for a FREE pint of Starbucks ice cream. If you know how much I love ice cream you'd realize how much of a tragedy this was!

I misplace receipts and loose out on rebates. I did this recently with an item that I should have been able to get a $10 rebate for. I really don't understand how it happened, but it did and I was frustrated at myself.

I occasionally forget to write things down on my shopping list and then I need to buy things full priced that I should not have to pay full price for. I am continually learning how to be more organized, something that does not come naturally for me, so that I can be a better saver and spender. If you aren't organized, it is awfully hard to use coupons, cook decent meals, redeem rebates, keep a budget, use your time efficiently and on and on.

Yes, thanks to life experiences and time I have learned a lot about living frugally, but I still have lots to learn and I am still human. So please, if you've been under the impression that I am perfect, allow me to set that straight.

2 comments:

  1. That makes me feel better, I am not the only one that messes up! I know exactly how you feel when you find old food or an expired coupon etc....Being organized helps but somehow these things still slip up on us! thanks for blogging. I should have told you that before.I probably have never commented, but I do enjoy your blog! ~Lorenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorenda for the encouragement and for taking the time to comment. I love finding out who my readers are and it's comments like yours that keep me motivated to blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!