Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Creamy Ham 'N Macaroni

We love this easy dish. It is very tasty and quick to make; from start to finish you only need about an hour. The chicken bouillon and Parmesan cheese add an interesting twist and even if you aren't a mac 'n cheese fan, I think you'll enjoy it.

Creamy Ham 'N Macaroni
2 c. uncooked macaroni
3 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
4 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/2 c. cubed fully cooked ham
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in the milk, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and macaroni. Transfer to a greased 2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 6 servings

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like perfect comfort food. When I make mac/cheese, I like to brown the top just a little under the broiler before I pull it from the oven. The crispy cheese is my favorite. Not so much for my 4 year old, but I'll eat her share of the crispy cheese. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe. Perfect comfort food. It sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy TMTT.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!