Monday, February 1, 2010

Monthly Spending Summary (Jan.)

I promised you yesterday that I would do a monthly spending summary. So here it is:

Monthly Grocery/Household Budget: $190

Total Spent: $185.32

Week 1: $19.28
Week 2: $76.16
Week 3: $35.52
Week 4: $54.36

Rebates deposited to account: $20.42

Ending Balance: $164.90
Total left over: $25.10

I was pretty happy with how this month ended! Honestly, I hadn't checked in the last couple of weeks to see exactly where we were and was sort of afraid maybe I would be over by a couple of dollars. So you can imagine I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out! I've never had more than $15 leftover at the end of the month before, so this is kind of an exciting thing for me.

My goal is to have at least $10 left over each month from Jan.-May and Oct.-Dec. and then be able to put that towards the fruits and veggies I buy for canning and freezing. I am also kind of trying to see if I can whittle down my grocery budget it maybe $175 to $180 a month. It seems like it should be feasible because right now we have lots of meat in the freezer and we have had lots of dinner guests lately too and I was still able to stay under budget. I guess we'll see how it all works out.

How did you do in January? Care to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!