Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Fruit Smoothie

This is one of those recipes that I've been wanting to share with you but thought it was more of a summer recipe and figured I'd wait until then. But as I was making it again this week, I decided I just had to share it with you now even if it is freezing outside!

I discovered this simple recipe last fall when my mother-in-law made it for us. The moment I tasted it I was smitten! I know, that sounds dramatic, but maybe this will help you understand. I am an ice cream lover and usually go crazy over shakes faster than I do smoothies. But these smoothies are so good that I frequently vote for them over ice cream!

Easy to make, delightfully refreshing and healthy ta-boot, what more could you want?

Easy Fruit Smoothie
1 qt. frozen fruit*
1 c. yogurt, plain or flavored**
1 c. milk
Sweeten to taste

Blend in blender on high until smooth.

Yields: 4 (8 oz.) glasses

* Our favorite is peach/blueberry. I know it might sound like a funny combo, but it really is incredible!

** Make this inexpensively using your own homemade yogurt.

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, make my own yogurt, love it! We like our smoothies with PAPAYA and blueberries. That sounds different also :) I'm visiting from Tasty Tuesday.
    Laurie@DomesticProductions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love starting my day with a YUMMY!!! smoothie. THANKS!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!