Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

I'm over budget this week by $27.30, partly due to a credit card bill from December that had some grocery purchases on. I'm thinking that my expenses for the coming week should be pretty low so hopefully that will counteract this week!

I was very happy to be able to stock up on diapers and wipes...one of those things that if you don't watch can cost you an arm and a leg!

Total Spent:
$71.15 ($78.16 before returns)
Total Saved with Coupons:
$53.32
Total Saved with Sales: $45.29
Total Saved: $98.61


CVS: $0
Saved with Coupons: $9.28
Saved with Sales: $8.54

Freebies: Stacy's Chips, Reach Floss

As usual I used a gift card (that we earned through our Discover credit cards rewards program) to pay for my purchase. Had I not used the gift card I would have spent a whopping $0.27. I used $11 in Extra Bucks and got $4 back. I would have skipped CVS totally this week but if I had those Extra Bucks would have expired on me. I used several rain checks to get me good prices on most of the products I bought.

Giant: $5.82
Saved with Coupons: $4.80
Saved with Sales: $9.40


Aldi: $6.13
Saved with Sales: $3.50


The cauliflower and carrots were marked down to $0.50- love when I can find reduced produce!

Rite Aid: $24.16
Saved with Coupons: $26.00
Saved with Sales: $23.50

Freebies: Carefree & Gillette Shaving Cream (not pictured)

I used $2.58 that I had left on a gift card as well as a $6.49 SCR check to pay for part of this purchase. I will get back $3 in SCR as well as a $15 Visa Check Card for the Proctor & Gamble purchase (Pampers) that I made.

I was so tickled to get Pampers so inexpensively! (By the way, even if you don't have kids, these sales are great times to buy pampers for baby gifts.) I figured I paid $2.70 for each pack of diapers! That is about the cheapest I've ever gotten them I think.

Giant, Walmart, & Babies 'R Us: $9.23
Saved with Coupons: $13.24
Saved with Sales: $0.35

Freebies: International Delight & Baby Wipes

I bought the wipes at Babies 'R Us using two $5 gift cards/coupons that I received from a Facebook freebie.

Dec. Credit Card Purchases: $32.82

I don't typically use our credit cards to buy grocery items, but if we can get bonus points for doing so, we feel it is worth it. In December that was the case and since we just now are paying the bill, I need to include in with this months grocery budget.

Misc.: +7.01

I returned a few items and so credited myself for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!