Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Money Earning Ideas

When I became a stay at home mom when our precious son Logan was born almost one year ago I had lots of mixed feelings. I was very excited about being able to stay at home and take care of my little guy but I also knew I was going to miss helping boost our budget by earning money.

Maybe that sounds funny to you, but I honestly enjoyed knowing that I was helping earn some of our income. Now before I go any further, let me say this. My husband has never pressured me into feeling like I need to work. In fact, he really pushed for me to just relax and stay at home and let the money earning up to him. But when Logan was born, I found I really missed feeling like I was helping out our budget by earning money and so I decided to throw myself into doing all that I can to be a thrifty, frugal stay at home mom. And as I did this, I was thrilled to discover some little ways that I could earn money while staying at home. I'd like to tell you about a few of them.

YouData
One of my favorite ways to earn a little money is YouData. Basically with YouData you get paid to view advertising- well actually it is usually websites. Typically you will get paid anywhere from 10 to 20 cents per advertisement. And the neat thing is that they automatically deposit your earnings every Friday into your PayPal account. When I first started with YouData I got lots of advertisements and would easily make several dollars a week. But lately it has slowed down and I was starting to get discouraged. But then about two weeks ago, YouData informed it's customers that they expect to soon be able to up the advertisements again. Apparently their customer base grew faster than they had expected and they couldn't keep up with getting advertisers fast enough.

When you sign up for YouData they will ask for a phone number to text you a verification code. Don't worry though, they will not call you again. And if you don't have text capabilities, call them and they should be able to give you a code over the phone. I have found them very helpful and workable.

Swagbucks
Another way that I have enjoyed earning a little money is through Swagbucks. At Swagbucks, you earn points for using their search engine. I simply downloaded their toolbar so that every time I want to use the internet to search for something I have the chance to earn Swag Bucks. I don't search that often, but I usually will win Swag Bucks once or twice a day. If you are lucky, you also might find Swagcodes on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites that you can redeem for Swag Bucks. You can also earn Swag Bucks by shopping at various stores listed on their website.

It's amazing how fast Swag Bucks add up. And when you have enough, you can redeem them for gift cards, cash, or all sorts of prizes. Swagbucks is so simple and is a fun little way that I have found to earn some extra money for us.

Surveyhead
I have been a member of Surveyhead for over a year now and really enjoy it. This is a company that pays you to do surveys. What I really like about them is that they tell you approximately how long the survey will take and what you will be paid before you do the survey. This is invaluable to me because then I can decide if it is worth my time.

Surveyhead often has high dollar surveys available. Just two days ago I did one for $4 that took me a little less than 10 minutes! And I did one several months back that earned me $10 and didn't take long at all. Several other neat things about Surveyhead is that they pay you through PayPal and you get a $5 sign up bonus.

The down side is that you can't collect your earnings until you reach $25. But, I have been amazed at how fast you reach that.

These are just some of the little ways that I have earned us money. I have several other programs that I do as well, but currently these are my favorite. I have earned several hundred dollars a year by doing these and similar things and enjoy that. I am in the process of testing several other programs to see if I like them and I will try to update you as I find more that I like and feel are worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Glad to see you are getting on with Swag Bucks. I love it and started a blog which is like an alternative view but also How to earn Swagbucks Had some good responses. Anyway love Swag Bucks. Think it's going to help out loads at Christmas time and great for peoples birthdays :D Can't say a wrong thing about it! Lovely post btw. Thanks!

    Mkcoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Hi again sorry. I have not actually used YouData yet but theres a few people on EziHippo that do and sware for it. There's a few good programs like that today. My main blog reviews such sites. I'll remember to kudos you when I do cheers.

    Mkcoy

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!