Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Cauliflower Parmesan

I got the basic idea for this recipe last summer when I had some cauliflower that needed to be used up. However, the original recipe that I used had some extra steps and I didn't quite like the "sauce" part so I changed it until it suited us. It quickly became our favorite way to eat cauliflower and we can almost clean up a whole recipe! Enjoy a pretty healthy way to eat cauliflower!

Baked Cauliflower Parmesan
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
salt to taste
1/4 c. butter, cut into pieces
2 tsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Steam cauliflower for about 20 minutes; drain.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard, then toss cauliflower in mixture.
Salt to taste.
Place cauliflower in greased baking dish.
Dot top with pieces of butter then sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!