Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm Back

I just thought I would pop in to let you know that I am back home again. I had a good but busy time in Maryland with my folks. Mom and I made applesauce the one day, I had fun seeing some of my family, worked at my old job a little bit, claimed a few things from my grandparents estate, and tried to relax a little too. I missed my hubby and my home though and was very ready to come back home.

I was surprised to realize that this area feels more like home to me than where I grew up. Guess that is a good thing, but I hadn't quite expected to feel that way. We've only been married 2 1/2 years and when we moved here I pretty much knew no one. But now, it really does feel like home here and I am so thankful for that. I guess it took me going to my parent's for a couple of days to realize that. God has been good!

Vince was working hard while I was gone and it was exciting to see what all he got done to our house. Even though he didn't nearly get the kitchen finished, he really did make things look better around here. Now if he could only take another week off to finish the kitchen!

My parents are still here for the weekend and we are going to be celebrating our little son's first birthday tomorrow. Can't believe it, but it's true. He has made this last year a wonderful, exciting one. I've always loved children, but I never imagined how much joy your own child can bring you! He really has been a delightful gift.

So, I hope to get a little bit of posting done at least, but we'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!