Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken

I recently discovered this easy and yet delicious recipe. I'm trying to use my Crock-Pot more and so I was excited about finding another recipe to utilize it too. The sauce in this recipe is nice and creamy and the chicken was really tender and moist. We all loved it!



Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken

6 boneless chicken breast halves, thawed*
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup (or use homemade)
1/2 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can of mushrooms, drained

Fry chicken breasts on both sides in frying pan to brown. (I don't actually do this.) Combine chicken, soup, and Ranch mix. Put in Crock-Pot, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Just before serving, stir in sour cream and mushrooms. Reheat briefly. Serve over rice or noodles.

* Or use chicken drumstick and thighs. This is good too- just cook for a little less time.Link
For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, 33 Shades of Green's Tasty Tuesday, Mandy's Recipe Box's Totally Tasty Tuesdays and All the Small Stuff's Tuesdays At the Table.

4 comments:

  1. I love easy crock pot recipes like this! Yum! I don't normally brown my meat before throwing it in either (usually because it's still frozen!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like something we will like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hopping from Tuesdays At The Table. I agree with Melinda...I LOVE easy crock pot recipes! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just put his in he pressure cooker! I'm going to cook it for 8 minutes and then turn it to slow cook for several hours. I LOVE my new pressure cooker!!! It's a Nesco electric and it browns, steams, slow cooks and pressure cooks. I'm going to add fresh sliced baby portabellas and chopped onions when I turn it o slow cook. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!