Thursday, December 1, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

Thanks mostly to Black Friday sales, this was a fun week of shopping. Just check out the amount I saved this week! It was fun to get some amazing deals and my CVS Black Friday run which I did Thanksgiving morning was pure fun. I expected to maybe have to deal with a lot of other shoppers but it really wasn't that busy. I ran into quite a few other couponers and had fun chatting with them. We were all enjoying the deals and it was fun helping each other find stuff.

Total Spent
: $30.80
Total Saved with Coupons: $147.85
Total Saved with Sales: $72.48
Total Saved: $220.33

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $81.04
Saved with Sales: $29.79

My Extra Bucks covered the total amount for this purchase. I bought the Pledge with a rain check.
This was my fun Black Friday purchase- talk about getting a bunch of stuff for free! It reminded me of how my regular shopping trips to CVS used to be back before this whole couponing this was so popular and the deals got to be not quite as good.

I used a gift card to pay for this purchase but my out of pocket would have been $4.99. I made around $15 on these things!

Rite Aid: $2.08 (used $0.06 spare change)
Saved with Coupons: $36.11
Saved with Sales: $25.32

I purchased the Zicam with a rain check. The other items were free or moneymakers after coupons and rebates.

This was my Black Friday purchase.

Giant:
$26.82
Saved with Coupons: $30.70
Saved with Sales: $17.37

I was about ready to give up couponing today! Not only did I have issues at Rite Aid with the rain check I wanted to use but then at Giant two of my catalinas didn't print! They gave me gift cards for the amounts of the catalinas which was almost nicer than having the catalina itself but it was still a huge hassle and time eater.
Link

The $26.82 was for the 3 packs of Huggies and the package of wipes. I got back $15 in catalina coupons to use on another order (well, some of that was gift cards as I mentioned above) and I'll also get back $2.00 via Saving Star and $3.00 via Endorse. I got the turkey free as part of Giant's free turkey promotion.

I also bought some food later on in the week for a family get together we had in MD over the weekend and I didn't get a picture taken of it since we were gone while I bought it. It was milk, some cereal, ice cream and a few other random things and I used the $15 in gift cards from the previous purchase to pay for it. As I was being rung up that the cashier had deducted a $2 coupon and a $4.50 (a coupon for free milk) twice. I brought it to her attention and she said she wasn't going to worry about it. I'm never quite sure what to do about it because it feels like the store is being cheated, but at the same time I don't want to argue and haggle with the cashier and get them annoyed either!

Misc. $1.90
For a bulk food store purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!