Monday, August 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Zucchini Crust Pizza

Well, I've been noticing that a lot of people are saying they have gobs of zucchini that they need to get used up so I thought I would post my new favorite way to use zucchini. I got the basic recipe is from Home Joys blog and if you want a more fresh veggie version you might want to check out the original recipe.

We loved this pizza and it heats up wonderfully. The oregano and basil give it great flavor and the Parmesan cheese adds just a little bit of extra taste to it. This is definitely going to be one of my most used zucchini recipes from now on!

Oh and by the way, if you need somewhere to go with all that extra zucchini? I'd be more than happy to be the recipient (being that we have no garden)!

Picture courtesy of Home Joys blog.

Zucchini Crust Pizza
Crust:

3 cup shredded zucchini
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt


Mix together well then spread on 12 inch greased pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.


Toppings:

Tomato sauce

1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
3 T Parmesan cheese

Any other pizza toppings (peppers, mushrooms, onions, cooked hamburger/sausage, ham)

2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Spread tomato sauce on crust and top with pizza toppings and cheese. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the recipe! It is a favorite here! Gina at Home Joys

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!