Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

Total Spent: $47.26
Total Saved with Coupons: $46.24
Total Saved with Sales: $40.29
Total Saved: $86.53

CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $8.00
Saved with Sales: $6.89

Had I not used a gift card to buy this stuff I would have paid $0.97 out of pocket. I got the gift card with one of our credit card's rewards programs.

Rite Aid: $0
Saved with Coupons: $7.00
Saved with Sales: $1.40

I had a raincheck to get the Bumble Bee tuna for $0.40, the Irish Springs was bought simply because I had UPRewards that needed to get used up and I had a FREE product coupon for the Excedrin that I used.

Giant: $10.00
Saved with Coupons: $3.00
Saved with Sales: $2.00



Weis: $0 (spare change)
Saved with Coupons: $3.24

I had a coupon for a free gallon of milk from an earlier deal where I got a catalina coupon when I purchased cereal. Anyway, the goofy thing was that the coupon was supposed to be for a free gallon of milk but it only was good for $3.50 which was less than all but one gallon of milk ( and that was store brand skim) actually cost. So i just paid the difference with some spare change I had in my wallet.

Walgreens: $18.92
Saved with Coupons: 15.00
Saved with Sales: $30.00
I had a raincheck for the Pediasure. I had stopped in two other times and both times they STILL didn't have any in stock. So I was happy to finally get it. And I did this deal on the diapers. After the rebate I should only pay $1.78 for each pack of diapers. It would be $2 but I had coupons for the Pediasure that gave me some overage.

Walmart: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $10.00


Had I not paid with a gift card that I got for returning some merchandise I would have paid $0.26 for this purchase. I LOVE Walmart's new coupon policy! I hadn't shopped there for such a long time but after getting $1.44 in coupon overage I decided I just might have to go more often.

Oh and that coffee? That was what I got my overage on. I had three $2.00 coupons and the coffee costs $1.64. So I was thinking I was doing pretty good and then when I walked up to the coffee display, what did I see but another coupon stuck in front of some of the coffee. Be still my heart! :) Seriously though, I wanted to hug whoever put it there. Instead I made sure no one else was in the aisle, danced a little jig and happily sighed, "Thank you God!", all while smiling broadly at my little boy who was looking at me oddly!

Aldi: $8.64

Anyone else notice the huge jump in brown sugar prices lately? They've jumped about $0.20/lb. around here. I was excited that Aldi still had 4lb. bags of oranges for $1.79- that's almost as cheap as bananas!

Centerville Bulk Food: $9.70

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!