Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Time is Money


You know the old saying, "Time is money"? Well, a talk I heard last fall at the mom's group I attend has really stuck with me. The speaker was talking about organization and how much time it saves. She gave an estimate of how much time is wasted daily per person just for looking for something that was misplaced etc. and if I remember correctly it was close 20 min. a day. Now that might not seem like much but when you think of it being over 2 hrs. a week or 9 hrs. a month it starts sounding a bit more frustrating and wasteful!

Anyway, I am not a super unorganized person, but at the same time I have a lot to learn in this area and have been trying hard to learn what I can! One of the things that I did several months ago that has helped save me time was organize my spice drawers.

I used to just have my spices in the drawer in any old order. One day I had this "ah-ha" moment when I thought, "Why don't I alphabetize my spice?" So I took a couple of minutes and put them in alphabetical order and you know what? I love it! It has saved me so much time trying to figure out which bottle is basil. Is it in the first row or the last, left side or right? Now I know it is going to be right there at the beginning on the left hand side and presto, I can go right to it.

What organizational things have you done lately that have saved you time or made your life easier? I'd love if you told us about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!