Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

This was kind of a wild week as far as my grocery spending goes. Of the 3 places I shopped, I only actually really "spent" money at one. Again, a no-picture post thanks to my camera acting fluky, but I did try to give details from each store to help you understand what I bought.

Total Spent:
$20.00
Total Saved with Coupons: $43.99
Total Saved with Sales: $12.29
Total Saved: $56.28

CVS
: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $19.99
Saved with Sales: $1.57

Bought some cosmetic items, 2 bottles of CVS vanilla extract, CVS candy corn and a package of Huggies diapers. CVS is running a promotion right now that when you buy 6 packages of diapers you get a coupon to get the 7th free. I had earned one of those coupons several weeks ago and used it to get a pack of diapers free today.

Rite Aid: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $2.00
Saved with Sales: $0.80

I had a Rite Aid gift card that I had gotten from returning some things a couple of weeks other. I used that to pay for this purchase otherwise my total would have been $1.27. I bought a deodorant and that was it. I got back $2 in UPRewards and I'll also get a $1 Single Check Rebate, so I actually made $1.73 on this!

They were out of the other things I wanted. I have a whole slew of rain checks to use, but so far they are still out of stock on those items. It's getting rather frustrating!

Giant: $0
Saved with Coupons: $22.00
Saved with Sales: $9.92

My total was actually $0.05 but I just used a nickel that I had in my wallet to pay. I had a $10 off-your-next-purchase coupon that I had earned a couple of weeks back during a promotion Giant was running. I used this to pay for my purchase today.

If you could see my freezer right now you would probably laugh. I have so much ice cream from all the ice cream deals lately! It makes this ice cream lover happy. :) At Giant this time I was able to buy 6 Green's ice cream for only $1 each. When ice cream is that price I try to stock up and it's so handy to have ice cream in the freezer for a quick snack when friends come over...or just to eat for the fun of it.

Misc.: $20.00
- Used this to buy things at a local bulk food store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!