Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

I know that I have some new readers and so I thought it was a good time to once again explain why I do these Weekly Spending Summaries. To be honest, in some ways it can feel rather vulnerable to let you see how we spend our money. But I do these posts because I want to show you just how much using coupons, watching sales, and playing "the drugstore game" can actually save you.

These posts are not meant to be discouraging to you if you spend more than I do. I realize that we all have different grocery/household needs and varying amounts of time and energy to give to this whole money saving thing. But rather I hope to encourage you to do what you can. And if you have questions about my transactions etc., please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to try to explain and teach you what I have learned!

And I also feel like to be honest, I have to admit that these Weekly Spending Summary posts are partly for my benefit. See, if I have to post what I am spending it helps me stay more accountable. And it also makes for an easy way to keep track of our grocery budget. So I admit, my reason for posting them is partly selfish. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't do too bad this week, which is good considering I've been spending quite a bit lately!

Once again, this a "no picture" post unfortunately since my camera still is acting fluky and not letting download the pictures that are on it. I'm really sorry since I know that to truly benefit from these posts you kind of need pictures. I'm looking for a new camera now and hope to have a new one in several weeks.

Total Spent:
$25.26
Total Saved with Coupons: $71.49
Total Saved with Sales: $63.86
Total Saved: $135.35

CVS:
$1.24
Saved with Coupons: $36.99
Saved with Sales: $21.50

This was an awesome week for me at CVS. I had a raincheck for Airwick airfreshner so I bought that then I bought 4 packages of Pampers diapers as well and with buying 4 of those I got a $10 American Express Visa card to use on future purchases!

One thing to note, if you don't already, be sure to scan your Extra Care card at the little coupon scanner when you go into the store. I keep getting Pampers coupons and $3/$15 Baby Care Purchase coupons which can be combined with manufacturer coupons as well. These coupons have helped me get some great deals on diapers lately.

Rite Aid:
$6.45
Saved with Coupons: $25.00
Saved with Sales: $21.63

Mostly bought a bunch of cold care items that were free or moneymakers after coupons and Rite Aid Single Check Rebates.

Giant: $17.57
Saved with Coupons: $9.50
Saved with Sales: $20.73

I bought some Turkey Hill ice cream, peanut butter and Wisk laundry detergent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!