Friday, October 14, 2011

Phone Tip

I had barely gotten online yesterday morning when I suddenly had no internet . I finally decided to call our provider to see what was going on and after getting frustrated with the ridiculous automated help system, hung up and called back to talk to a real, live person. As I was doing that, I realized that I should share the tip I learned while working as a pharmacy technician.

We frequently had to call insurance companies and the like and I soon learned that most times if you simply push zero you can bypass all the automated stuff and get to a real person. If that doesn't work try * or #. Most times one of these will get you a real person but of course there are always those systems that are just plain annoying and make you wait it out. I guess they think they need to be an assistant in teaching us about patience! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!