Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

A week of bigger spending...but in most ways pretty normal.

Total Spent:
$56.53
Total Saved with Coupons: $17.48
Total Saved with Sales: $10.53
Total Saved: $28.01

CVS: $0 (gift card)

This is crazy, but I can't find my receipt for my CVS purchases. I know that I spent nothing because of using a gift card and I know that my out of pocket would have been around $9 otherwise. This is higher than my normal out of pocket but I had a $4/20 coupon that I wanted to use and so I couldn't roll my Extra Bucks very well. I did end up with over $18 in Extra Bucks at the end though, so really I doubled my money which is the best I've done at CVS in a LONG time.

Speaking of the $4/$20 coupon reminds me of something else. Sometimes I get so tired of having to get rain checks for items, but occasionally it pays off. Thanks to having a rain check for the Bliss chocolate, Bayer aspirin, and Oral-B toothbrush I was able to get a great deal using the $4/$20 coupon. If I hadn't had rain checks I don't think it would have been worth me buying $20 worth of stuff. So sometimes those rain checks do come in handy!

Rite Aid: $1.55
Saved with Coupons: $6.00
Saved with Sales: $1.65

I had a rain check for the Gillette razor. The ball that you see my son proudly holding was bought as a reward for getting potty trained. He had spotted it earlier this spring when we were shopping one day and so I told him that when he's all potty trained we'd get it. Well, he's been potty trained for a while now but I kept forgetting to buy that ball when I'd go to Rite Aid. Finally this week I remembered and he was pretty thrilled. Bonus was that it was now on clearance! :)

Giant:
$13.07
Saved with Coupons: $11.48
Saved with Sales: $8.88

The Schick razors were free with a raincheck and coupon. I had a FREE product coupon for the creamer and had some overage on a coupon that pretty much covered the cost of the Grande chips. So really, my expense here was for the 3 bags of Good's chips. Let me tell you, I don't think I've ever paid so much for chips in my whole life and I about had a fit! But we were having a fellowship meal at our church and I was asked to bring 4lbs. of this specific brand of chips, so I didn't have much choice. So it goes...

Centerville Bulk Foods: $16.97

Just some random things I needed. Those lemons you see made some delicious fresh lemonade. I just enjoyed some of it this morning!

Kauffman's Fruit Farm: $22.19
- I bought some more freezer boxes to freeze peaches and applesauce in.

Misc.: $2.75
- For some corn (and it was really good!) and cantaloupes for fresh eating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!