Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weekly Spending Summary

Whew! I think I majorly blew my budget this week! There were several reasons I spent so much.

1. I had to take a veggie tray to a family get together and well, getting a bunch of veggies just isn't real cheap. I also had to take meat and cheese for a tray and we all know that gets expensive too.

2. I bought several things such as the Compound W and cereal at Weis that I paid out of pocket for but will get most or all of the money back in gift cards or rebates.

3. It's canning season and I bought quite a bit of sugar- which keeps rising in price!-, jar lids, etc. And all that adds up amazingly fast.

We're going to be gone on a week long trip and I'm really hoping that will help balance out this week's spending! Let's just say that right now I'm kind of dreading doing my Monthly Spending Summary. :)

Total Spent:
$131.80
Total Saved with Coupons: $56.92
Total Saved with Sales: $60.35
Total Spent: $117.27

Rite Aid
: $14.69
Saved with Coupons: $8.00
Saved with Sales: $12.98


CVS: $0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $25.97
Saved with Sales: $14.50

This was kind of a fun week at CVS for me. I had free product coupons or the Herbal Essence, Aussie and CVS body wash. I also had a $3/$15 baby purchase coupon that printed from the little CVS coupon printer a couple of weeks ago. I used that towards my Pampers purchase and combined it with manufacturer coupons to get a great deal. Love being able to stock up on diapers at low prices!

Giant: $10.68
Saved with Coupons: $12.25
Saved with Sales: $10.54


Weis: $15.30
Saved with Coupons: $10.70
Saved with Sales: $22.33

I was pretty excited to do this cereal deal. I bought 8 boxes that had the Cars codes on them and I'll be able to submit those codes online to get two $5 Visa gift cards. So after I get those, I essentially will have paid $0.20/box of cereal!! You can't beat that!

Aldi: $28.44

$10 of this was cash to use towards grocery items at market etc.

Kauffman's:
$10.00

Anyone else notice the increase in butter prices? I don't like it, but I'm not willing to switch to margarine. It's just one of those things I'm willing to spend extra on because I believe it's healthier for us (not to mention, we hate the taste of margarine).

Glenwood Food: $32.69

I needed to stop and get some jar lids for canning and a few other things to make vegetable soup to can. While I was there I checked cheese prices and was excited to find cheese for just over $2/lb.! I haven't been able to find shredded cheese that cheap for a long time. I didn't need it desperately, but decided to go ahead and buy it and freeze it for later.

Misc: $20
This was for cash to use to buy produce at market and the above stuff at a local Amish store. I had to take a veggie tray to a family function an spent quite a bit on veggies. At least it was healthy food! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!