Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

I had another week of very little spending. This was due to just trying to take it easy and therefore not shopping much, to the lack of very good deals, and because I really don't need many groceries right now. I don't need many groceries because our church is providing meals for us 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks, so I'm enjoying the break from cooking and the boost to our budget. However, I have a feeling some of the grocery savings will end up going towards Eleni's hospital bills at the end of the year, so I don't know that it will really give me lots of extra wiggle room. Still it helps!

Anyway, here's the breakdown of my two shopping trips.

Total Spent: $9.63
Total Saved with Coupons: $33.50
Total Saved with Sales: $14.72
Total Saved: $48.22

CVS:
$0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $18.00
Saved with Sales: $6.90

Freebies: Both Items after Extra Bucks

Had I not used a gift card to pay for this stuff, it would have cost me $1.98. I purchased the toothbrush with a rain check.

Giant: $9.63
Saved with Coupons: $15.50
Saved with Sales: $7.82

Freebies: Scotties tissues, Pillsbury Biscuits (after catalina coupon)

There was a catalina deal where you get a $3 coupon when you buy 6 Pillsbury biscuits. The little cans are only $0.53 and there were $0.75/3 blinkie coupons that I found so really I made $1.32 on them. I know that there are only 5 biscuits on the picture above, but that is because the cashier forgot to put the one in my bag.

How's your spending? Did you get any great deals this past week? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't meals such a blessing! I hope you can take the time you need to regain your strength and just enjoy your little boy.

    You are in our thoughts.

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!