Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

Well, I need to be honest with you and say that I went over my budget this week by $32.32. The reason? Two good meat sales. I now have enough meat in our freezer to last at least 1 1/2 months and that feels good.

However, I still always feel just a little stab of something (guilt, fear,...not sure what) when I go over my weekly budget. It did make me feel better when I realized that I have only spent 1/2 of my monthly budget so far. Not to mention the fact that I have about $40 worth of rebates that should be coming to me in the next month. Still...I hate going over.

Total Spent: $76.16

Giant: $0.58

The yogurt was totally free- love that!

Stauffer's: $18.50


I was thrilled to get boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.49/lb- that's about the lowest I can find it around here.

CVS: $0

I failed to take a picture of my CVS purchases this week. I paid for my items with a CVS giftcard earned through our Discover credit card. Had I not used that I would have spent $1.01 out of pocket. I also used $4.98 in Extra Bucks and then got $11 in Extra Bucks back.

Aldi: $6.67


Rite Aid: $21.46

I had a coupon for a $25 Rite Aid gift card when you transferred a prescription. I took advantage of that so $15.99 of this weeks purchase was the prescription. I wouldn't normally put that under grocery, but since I am going to use the gift card for grocery/household items, I figured it was only fair.

I then used the gift card to buy some of this weeks Rite Aid deals. Without the giftcard I would have spent $21.86. I will get back $10 from Johnson & Johnson rebate as well as $11.99 in Rite Aid SCR (Single Check Rebates). So really, I made $0.53.

Oh, and I had fun using the two $5/1 Huggies coupons I earned through Recycle Bank. It made for a sweet deal!

Local Bulk Food Store: $7.69


Dutchway: $21.26
My sister-in-law works at this store and is kind enough to get me things when I ask her too. I don't have a picture, but I got approximately 10 lbs. ground turkey for $1.19/lb. and around 10 lbs. of oatmeal for $0.49/lb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!