Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

I went over my budget by $15.85 this week but I didn't really mind since the last four weeks I've been under my budget- sometimes as much as $20 to $30. One of the reasons I went over was because I made a trip to the bulk food store. I always like to try to stock up on the things I typically purchase there so that I can save time and only go roughly once a month.

Total Spent: $59.69

Aldi: $7.99

CVS: $0


I would have spent $2.48 on this after using $23.97 in Extra Care Bucks, however, thanks to the CVS gift card I earned through MyPoints, my out of pocket was $0. I got another $20.99 in Extra Bucks and will also get a $15 rebate for the Olay products. So all told, I actually made $35.99 on this!

Local Bulk Food Store: $36.73


Wal-mart: $6.24

Can you tell I was out of beans?! I discovered a couple of months ago that Walmart is cheaper than our bulk food store when it comes to buying dry beans.

Rite Aid: $8.57

The Christmas wrap was on clearance for $0.99. Thanks to using my Rite Aid Wellness Card, I had two $1 off coupons that had printed out on previous receipts, which made these free. I will get $9 back in Rite Aid rebates.

Giant/Martin's: $0.16

When we were in Maryland, I ran to the store for my mom one day and of course took along my stash of coupons. Since the Martin's there double coupons over $1 I took advantage of that and was able to get all of this for nearly free. Oh how I wish our local Giant (same store, different name) did this!


How about you. Did you find any amazing bargins this week? Or maybe you have a question about how to use rebates/coupons or would simply like to see a break down of what coupons I used etc. If so, feel free to leave a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. I am in AWE! You may have went over butdget but I've never had shopping bargains like you find! There is a reason you can be called the Thrifty, Frugal Mom!

    Thanks for sharing! Even if it looks impossible, just knowing that it apparently is possible inspires the rest of us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!