Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Blond Brownies

This is one of my absolute favorite cookie/bar recipes and one that I've gotten asked for more times than I can remember. Reminiscent of a chocolate chip cookie and incredibly simple to make, they were one of the first things I remember making back when I first started baking as a pre-teen.

Blond Brownies
2 2/3 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 c. butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
chocolate chips

Melt butter and then stir in brown sugar. Let cool about 10 minutes. Stir in eggs one at a time. Add flour, baking powder, & salt and mix well.

Spread onto a greased jelly roll pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake at 300 degrees for 25 mins.

* Do not overbake...the key is to get them out when they are just barely done. They'll be delightfully chewy!

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!