Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Salsa Chicken Soup

Although, I think this is a Taste of Home recipe, I originally had this soup when we were visiting Romania. Some friends of my in-law's had us over and served this and it just hit the spot! Since then, I have made it often and everyone always comments on how good it is.

I use some of my cooked, chopped chicken that I freeze which makes this already speedy dish even speedier!

Salsa Chicken Soup
1/2 lb. (1 1/2c. cooked) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
1 3/4 c. water
1 to 2 tsp. chili powder
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. salsa
shredded cheese
corn chips
sour cream

In a soup kettle, combine chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn and return to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat thoroughly. Serve with cheese, corn chips and sour cream.

Yield: Approximately 6 servings

1 comment:

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!