Wednesday, September 22, 2010

csnstores.com Product Reviews

Remember how I promised you a product review from two products I received from csnstores.com? Well here it is!

I was in desperate need of a mattress cover for our spare bed and so I ordered this one. Obviously I can't tell you how this cover has held up over a year's wear and tear, but so far I've been fairly impressed with it. It fits much more snug than the one that we use on our own bed, which I really like. It gets to be annoying when your mattress cover is loose and moves around! The only negative thing I noticed was that the material that the cover is made from is not very soft. But really, that isn't a big deal since you obviously put a sheet on top of it anyway!

So I'd give this a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

The other item I ordered was this little Melissa and Doug Cutting Food Box Play Set. I have heard great things about Melissa and Doug toys but so far we haven't gotten any for Logan. I had been eyeing this particular toy for a while and thought Logan might enjoy it. Was I ever right! He was tickled the moment he saw it and has played and played with it. I actually had put it away after a couple of days and thought I'd save it as a "rainy day toy" but he found my hiding spot one day and has since asked for it every day.

I love the bright colors and that it is made out wood. And Logan has fun trying to put the pieces together and also cutting them. It is recommended for ages 3 and up and I can see why. Logan just turned 2 and plays with other toys that are supposedly below his age level. And while he loves this Cutting Food Play Set, he does get frustrated with it too because he can't quite always get the pieces together and cut it correctly. I end up spending quite a bit of time helping him with it. But I am sure that in a couple of months as his coordination improves that he'll be having even more fun with it!

The only negative thing I've discovered is that some of the paint from the food rubs off onto the knife and or cutting board. It hasn't been a lot, but I was a bit disappointed with that. However, I still would give the set a 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it for your child or as a gift for one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!