Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Spending Summary

This was a rather typical week for me- nothing too amazing or unusual. After several rather dead weeks, I enjoyed scoring lots of great deals at CVS again .

Total Spent:
$43.88
Total Saved with Coupons: $38.35
Total Saved with Sales: $9.75
Total Saved: $48.10

CVS:
$0 (gift card)
Saved with Coupons: $30.37
Saved with Sales: $9.23

Freebies: Bayer, Bar Soap, Shampoo, M&M's (and Stayfree, Right Guard, Crest, Reach floss after Extra Bucks)

Had I not used a gift card, I would have spent $1.32. I used $13.48 in Extra Bucks and got back $20.99 in Extra Bucks.

I suggest scanning your Extra Care card at the little coupon scanner machines if you don't already. Today mine spit out a coupon for a free package of Pretzel M&M's. Of course I didn't complain!

Walmart: $11.50
Saved with Coupons: $3.98


Giant: $8.14
Saved with Coupons: $4.00
Saved with Sales: $0.52

I forgot to take a picture of the 2 bags of Martin's Potato Rolls I bought. I needed them for a meal I was to make for this past weekend.

Centerville Bulk Food: $24.24

I know you can't really tell what everything is- the brown bag is new red potatoes, and the clear produce bags have apples and grapes in them. They had some grapes marked down to $0.59/lb! There are a few soft/rotten ones in the mix, but hey, I won't complain for that price!


How did you do this week? Did you stay under budget? Maybe you found deals too good to pass up and went over budget. Either way, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. The CVS coupon machine doesn't seem to like me too well. :)About a month ago a got some good ones but the was a first in a long time! Normally I just get coupons that are good for CVS brand products. Do you know how it determines what coupons it gives you. Is it on how much you spend? I thought maybe you'd know since you work there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!