Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Strawberry Pie

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly post where I share one of my favorite recipes with you and so I introduce... (drumroll!) Tasty Tuesday!

The recipe I am sharing today is for my Grandmother's strawberry pie which is one of my absolute favorite fruit desserts. It is so easy to make and I think has to be the best strawberry pie there is. Whenever I make it I always get lots of raves and often request for the recipe. So without further ado, here it is:

Strawberry Pie
1 c. granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. water
1 small box (3 oz.) strawberry jello
2-3 c. fresh sliced strawberries
whipped topping or cool whip
1 baked pie crust

Mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water together and then cook over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and mix in the jello. Allow to cool (if you are in a hurry, you really don't HAVE to cool) then add the sliced strawberries. Pour into your baked pie crust and refrigerate until firm. When ready to serve, top with freshly whipped cream or cool whip.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!