Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Free Music

One of my favorite recent discoveries has been Pandora.com. This is a site that allows you to listen to all kinds of music free. Basically you choose a song or artist that you like and then it will play songs on that "station" that are similar. You can create all sorts of stations, each with different types of music. For instance, I have one station that is worship style music for when I want a pick me up. Another is more relaxing music for those times I need some calming down. And another is just a fun station for whenever I am in that mood.

A neat feature that I have found helpful is that if a song plays and you really don't like it, you can give it a thumbs down and it will not play again. If you give a thumbs down twice to the same artist, well then that artist will never play again.

I have discovered some new artists that I really enjoy as a result of Pandora. And just so you know, if you do take a liking to a certain song or artist, you can click on links and learn more about them and even find places to purchase the music or CD.

Check it out and have fun listening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!