Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Iced Coffee

Ahh...what is better on a hot summer day than a big glass of iced coffee? I love that stuff but I hate spending big bucks at Starbucks or Sheetz or wherever. So I tweeked a recipe that a friend gave me a number of years ago, until it suited my taste and now whenever I get one of those coffee drink attacks I just make myself some. It is WAY cheaper than buying it somewhere and oh so simple too.

I also love the fact that, unlike lots of iced coffee recipes, it takes basic ingredients that you probably always have on hand. So take a few minutes, make some iced coffee, then sit down and prop your feet up for a bit and enjoy!

Iced Coffee
3c. brewed coffee (vanilla or hazelnut are really yummy)
1 1/2 Tbsp. instant coffee*
1 c. sugar
Milk (about 1/2 to 3/4th gallon)
Ice

Mix brewed and instant coffee and the sugar together in a gallon pitcher. Add 1 to 2 trays of ice cubes** then add milk until the pitcher is full. Stir well...Enjoy!


* I generally use decaf since I get a little buzzed if I use regular for both coffees
** It depends how watered down you like to make it. I usually do 1 tray and then when I think it is cold enough I even scoop them out so it doesn't get as watery and is more creamy- the way I like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!