Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Sweet 'N Tangy Carrots


Mmmm! Just thinking about these makes my mouth water! I first made this recipe about 3 years ago, soon after we were married. Tired of the normal "boring" veggies, I decided to give this recipe a try and we loved it. It has become a frequent dish on our table. Well, at least when I am not in a hurry and take the time to peel and slice all those carrots!

Here is the recipe, slightly adapted from the original recipe found in a small family cookbook someone gave to me.

Sweet 'N Tangy Carrots
2 lbs. carrots, peeled & sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. minced parsley

Place carrots in a large saucepan; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Add brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.

Yield: 6-8 servings

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

3 comments:

  1. Lydia
    this recipe sounds delicious. I definetly would eat more carrots! I love your blog always need more ways to save money!
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrots, and the recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!