Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Basil Ranch Chicken Wraps

This is a "before" picture...as usual, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!

This recipe is my own concoction...based on another recipe for which I had very little of the ingredients. Don't they say that necessity is the mother of invention? The amazing this is that I am usually one that sticks pretty close the recipe, so I was nervous that these wouldn't be good when I made them the first time. But we loved them and they quickly became a staple for when I need a fast lunch or light dinner. In fact, I've even served them to company and they always bring in lots of compliments.

Since it is a recipe I created, I don't have lots of measurements. So if you are measurement type of person, I'm going to encourage you to relax a little bit and just have fun dumping stuff on this time! You just might find that it is kind of fun!

Easy Basil Ranch Chicken Wraps
Flour tortillas (the 10 inch ones work well)
salsa
ranch salad dressing
basil
garlic, powder or minced
cooked chicken, chopped
cheese
butter- to grease skillet
optional: cucumber, tomato, peppers

Place chicken (maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup) in center of tortilla. Top with salsa, ranch dressing, and garlic to taste; then sprinkle generously with basil. (It takes a lot for the flavor to come through well.)
Top with cheese of your choice and any of the optional ingredients. Fold ends of each tortilla over filling.

In large skillet, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter. Place wraps, folded side down in skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.

For other recipe ideas, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday, Blessed with Grace's Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, and All the Small Stuff's Tuesday's at the Table.

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT!!! recipe and combination of flavors.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good recipe. Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be trying this! Everything sounds right up my alley. :-)

    Thanks for sharing with TATT!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!